Tuesday, April 10, 2018

R89

I fell in love with a snake.

Stepping in her world I found it full of rain, mud and narrow passages. Buses crammed with children slowly traversed the barren cliffs, leaning and shaking when climbing down, empty towards abandoned sport arena.

Snake was sad, but I didn't pay too much attention to it. Thats why I didn't listen to her too carefully as I was snaking and roaming up and down the mountain side just like the buses did.

At one moment I took her and cradled her in my arms. She was surprisingly warm and instead of scales, her skin was soft like plush blankie. She went even more sad.

Tracks and clues swarmed, criminals I came to stop were at the verge of breaking. Only then I noticed that the snake is dying. Only then I realized how dear she was to me. I wrapped her gently around my neck, petting her. I cooed softly at her and she was too weak to even coil around me. She just complained that she minds the mushy words and how it would be the best if I just shut up and hurry to finish my mission.

Luckily, I woke up before she died. It gives me hope that on the other side, we are still running between the boulders and rocks, washed by the rain. That touch of my skin against her is feeding her and that she will recover enough to hiss the witty remarks once more. That she will slither away from me, pretending I didn't help her at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment