Tuesday, April 10, 2018

R90

I feel death.

It's not in a single of the many blades of the army that storms our castle and puts it to flame.

They are after us, hunting us. But death doesn't ride with them. Although it would probably be the end of us if we get caught, death is awaiting for us elsewhere.

I climb the wooden palace set high in treetops. I look at you in the eyes and shiver when I realise that you don't see it's the end. Deat is leaning against the rail of the balcony as we watch the rowdy enemy patrols trying to hunt us down. She just smiles at me and sips her strong turkish coffee.

"You get it now, don't you?" she looks at me with pity.

I shake my head, choking on tears that fall inside me, filling my lungs with sorrow. I am afraid of hopelesness, but even more that that, my chest was bursting with loneliness.


No comments:

Post a Comment