Sunday, February 18, 2018

R30

"Mommy, mommy! Look! Airplane!" Nel yelped excitedly.
Scared the crap out of me. It was night and she was on the balcony again. I rushed to fetch her. Clouds were deployed above the city and searchlights cut the darkness.
"It's not a plane, it's a dragon" I said, picking Nel in my arms. "They are trying to shoot her down."
Thunderous crash echoed from afar, answered by roar of the angry mob. Tonight will be the night that ends our need to hide. It should feel like a relief, but it didn't. Something was clenching hard choking me in my chest. Humans will be exterminated.

I took Nel back inside, dropped her in the armchair. I wondered who else in our building is a monster. I fought back the change, desperately clinging to my human shape. If it wasn't so sad it would be funny they way I was trying to stay in their skin, walk in their shoes. I was reluctant to change, trying to guess wether the revolutionaries will turn out to be rats, or cockroaches.

Moment of being lost in thoughts brought them to my doorstep. I jumped in the lobby, already armored with thick fur and armed with razor sharp claws. In my human female shape I would stand no chance to stave them off. Squeaks and pugnent odour of the sewers revealed that the mob was made of rats, after all.

"Hello neighbour!" They squealed and snickered. "We brought you something... gift from new neighbourhood!'

Good, I thought. They will keep away from us at least for a while. They were too busy conducting their bloody orgy decimating humans. Maybe they were simply afraid. My color signature was not yet blue, but still in red shades. I opened the door and snarled at them. Before they scrattered and ran away, they tossed in a body.

It was Tsana, a neighbour girl from third floor wrapped in her house gown tied down. She fell on the floor and moaned, then smiled revealing thin, almost needle-looking fangs.

Night buttefly.

Could it be possible that of all the monsters, I have just this feeble harlot on my side. "Nel, sweetie, help me set Tsana free, me must get going" I said to my child and went to change.

* * *

The gathering was repulsive. All the blue guys in one place. Now even my fur was blue colored. If I had to guess I'd say I was in the middle of the mob of reds. Aruging went on for five hours and counting. They didn't stop squabbling. That was the advantage of the red monsters, uniformly united by hunger and thrist for blood that didn't know for democracy.

Finally the dwarves ceded to the robots the rights to quench fires. Arguing subsided, only to be replaced by whining and chorus of complaints which turned this gathering into a pityful shape of wretched refugees, rather than grand council of all the good monsters...

No comments:

Post a Comment