Tuesday, February 20, 2018

R31

To each other, we became nothing but memory from the old kindergarten photos. I met her briefly in the park. Our neighbourhood had two elementary schools and we ended up in separate ones. That wasn't so bad, we did go to same high school. There was invasion of students from the countryside. Whirlwind of strangers, strange accents and customs made us stick together. At first it was just brief moments at recess that we shared, exchanging smiles, sipping coffee, complaining about this or that. When schoolyard ceased being so scary, our ritual chitchats became scarcer, and smiles were rarer and farther in between. I was sort of waiting for her to make the move. I shifted away hoping she will grope for me. Maybe she would have if it wasn't for one of the country girls. One of those girls who moved to big city and learned how to apply make up, shedding their fear of boys, one of those girls simply mowed me down like harverster plows through the corn field. I tried to hide the fact that I was dating urbanized hillbily girl. The looks my old flame from the kindergarten gave me were not full of despise. It was just my hope. We just met too soon. Whatever comes in the years before self awareness simply falls off like baby teeth. It was not given time to exist. Just a part of natural order, destined to die. Like frogs who carry no memory of the tadpoles, we simply forgot about each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment