Wednesday, February 28, 2018

R39

I love roads. I could spend my entire life in car. I remember the time when I was driving through north of Italy towards Switzerland. Not a single euro in my pocket, don't have money to pay the toll. Italians have those electronic payment system. No stopping, they just zip through the gate. I set my car just before the toll and wait. When Italian car zooms through I slip behind. I rode the gates all the way to Milan. Then I turned north. Wonderful roads. Four-five tracks in each direction. All vacant. I step on the gas and observe the snowy peaks slowly rising above the plains. Marvelous vistas. But devoid of life. I waited for several hours before someone showed up to help me ride the toll gate. I can't go back. Dusk brings young Italian girl in her Volvo. As soon as I am through I sigh in relief. As if I can already sense the sharp cold air of Swiss mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment