Wednesday, February 21, 2018

R34

Someone would say that the appartment was silent. You can, however, hear the pendulum of the clock. Ticking off big chunks of seconds. Tiny ones are being coutned by the clock in the stove. Besides, the chair is squeaking, thin frail woman sitting on it. She reads a book and from time to time pushes her glasses up to ridge of her nose. It's Anna. She wears pink bunny slippers. Wearing no socks, and since she had hair removal recently, her is smooth, almost glistening. If it wasn't so thin and boney, it would be considered widely as rather pretty feminine leg. She wears woolen dress of light color reaching to her knees. Old fashioned, but practical and comfy. Her black knitted cardigan covers pale plush PJ top which once was yellow.

She is going to sit like this for hours.

I will open the door and enter the appartment. I will hang my coat and put away my businsess bag. I will be exhausted. I will try to be cheerful. My smile will be banged up, but polite. I will ask what's for dinner. I will not wait for an answer. I wil go to the kitchen pretending I don't hear horrendous chopping of seconds that stove clock is doing. I will also overlook the fact that fridge has been raided clean and that someone who was tasked to go grocery shopping didn't go do it. From this and that I will whip up an omelette. I will bring it to living room. I will eat at the table. Anna will ask to bring her plate next to her rocking chair. She will eat only half. I will carry the leftovers in the kitchen and eat them there. I will put away dishes on the pile of dishes in the sink. Smashed, but smilig, I will move to bathroom. I will have long shower. Made dizzy by heat, I will sneak in the bed, next to frigid Anna.

And that's why we neve were a couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment