Monday, March 5, 2018

R43

I flipped over my shoulder and scurried for cover. Behind me I heard dull staccato of arrows hitting the ground or trees. Pulling my bow I peeked out. I didn't see the shooters, they were probably reloading, but I spotted three armored grunts running across the field. I exhaled and tried to stabilize my shaking. I almost closed my eyes. I missed the moment when I let go of the arrow. I just saw head of one of the soldiers jerk back violently, his helmet bloodied, feathers of my arrow protruding from the visor. The other two almost caught up with me. Jumping back ran towards the edge of the forest. Again, heavy crossbow bolts zipped past me. My leap to cover was showered by splinters. Luckily nothing got me. I didn't have time to aim the next round. I just peeked enough for the arrow to fly away and the other grunt caught it just under his hip. He buckled to his knee and dropped the sword. One more to go. Sword rung just at the spot where I was moment ago. I dropped to my knees and practically crawled deeper into the forest.

"Get that dirty goblin scum..." someone yelled after me.

No comments:

Post a Comment