Thursday, March 8, 2018

R50

What's that gleaming in the distance? Lights were dancing. We were enchanted by the colors swirling on the horizon. I don't know if you've ever waited for dawn. It doesn't come gradually, but in sudden shifts of light. In an instant everything is bit more bright and sky becomes more blue so the invisible retreats and reveals the visible. I smiled to myself, and she thought that I was smiling at her, so she smiled as well, sighing longingly. I always loved the way her breasts heave when she does that. I recalled what they look like when she is naked next to me, as if they are spilled. Now breasts were held together by the hem of her dress, but swells still looked very lovely.

I stood up, shaking off the ashes and turned to the west. There, just behind that hill is our shelter. I offered her my hand and she pulled herself up. She leaned against her carbine and checked the magazine before the short weapon went slung across her shoulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment