Sunday, March 25, 2018

R71

I was running through the forest, across fields, under the earth, through tunnels, over the pools and again under the open sky, left and right down the walls. I was running, falling, standing up, falling through, bouncing off the walls, flailed my arms, grasping skin, tearing chunks of meat, spitting blood, pushing away, scratching, kicking, shivering, jumping, prancing, laughing, mocking, enduring blows and words.

They couldn't catch me and the couldn't stop me. It didn't make me feel victorious. I passed the finish line sadder than ever. I fell on the bed and got up on the other side, where I sat on the edge of the bed, defeated by nostalgia.

When the first wave of sadness was over I managed to get up and approach the window. City will sleep for one, two more hours.

"I accept", I adressed all the red roofs and white skyscrapers, all the streets and red lights. I accept my sadnes...


No comments:

Post a Comment